Tuesday, July 31, 2012

An Apple A Day

I must say, I'm not sure that I believe that whole "an apple a day keeps the doctor away" mumbo jumbo, even though there are probably a few statistics out there that try to prove it true. My motto is and has always been, "I'd rather die happy than have to eat without pleasure." Not that I don't enjoy the occasional apple, because I do. I would just rather eat what I want to eat; not eat what I should and then complain and be bitter about it for the rest of my life.

As you know, I am still in Medora. I have been having bodily issues as of late and I figured that it was about time I get them checked out. I would go into details, but it's girl stuff...usually that's on a need-to-know basis. Trust me, you do not need to know nor do you want to. Your welcome~I'm sparing you the details. I ended up going in for one shot and coming out having undergone blood work and a pelvic ultrasound scheduled for the next day. $500+ later I am completely fine. I must say that makes me a little more uneasy than before I had the results. I'm just not sure what is going on, and neither do the medical professionals.

Hopefully when I am back in my nice warm bed I will be fully functional and not feel so...dysfunctional. 24 more days! At least this time I will not be alone. I have a wonderful friend riding back with me. Thank goodness, because even I get bored with myself after 8 and 1/2 hours.

I feel that one knows it's time to leave when they have countdowns on their phone, iPOD, and Google calendar. That may sound sad, but I am ready. It's not even the fact that I'm missing my Minnesotan friends and family, but more that I only found part of what I was looking for out here. I'm ready to get the other half.

No comments:

Post a Comment