Thursday, June 14, 2012

Ooooh Medora

I am now in Medora, North Dakota. It's only been a couple weeks now, but it seems like months. At first it was a complete shock when I arrived. I just don't think I had mentally prepared myself for leaving home so soon. The 7 hour drive here gave me time to process and think realistically about what I was getting myself into.

When I had checked in, I didn't realize that Mountain time is one hour before Central time. Needless to say, I figured this out pretty quick and went to take a nap in my car. I then got settled in and met my roommate. Typically rooming with someone else has turned into a mess for me, but I think I have grown up since then and have learned to just be honest and take a breather when things get tough.

It took me a while to settle in with the people and the town. It happened, but at a slower pace than what I would have thought. I have met so many new people so far, some of them I feel will be life-long friends. This made me feel better about being here. Just feeling that I was somehow grounded made me gather a sense of home.
-Just what I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment